POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crypt updated : Re: Crypt updated Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crypt updated
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Aug 2024 08:46:59
Message: <66bf4a43$1@news.povray.org>
Op 15-8-2024 om 15:23 schreef Chris R:
> I made a number of updates to the scene to make it a bit more interesting:
>     - The crown is more distinct now
>     - The marble for the altar is more sophisticated
>     - There is a cloth hanging over the center of the altar
>     - Added an incense censer and the monstrance on the altar
>     - Added a depression in the hallway floor and allowed water to seep into it

Very good scene indeed!

I have a couple of questions/comments:

- I had not realised that there was a staircase in the background; I
thought it was a wall. I would like to see a bit of perspective but that
would be difficult because of the camera position. However, except for
the somewhat wider bottom step which can be observed on both sides of
the altar cloth and which appears to be lower, the other individual
steps seem to high to me. If I translate them to the height of a person
coming down to the crypt, he/she would not be able to stand upright I am
afraid. And that would be in contradiction with the height of the altar.
I may be wrong of course.

- The ground around the altar is tiled, not so the floor towards the
camera. Intentional?

- The base of the walls are not directly connecting with the floor and
show a narrow zone of "something", as if the floor was not finished
there or too narrow. Under the arc, the floor connects, but is again not
wide enough towards the side "chapels" for the tombs. This looks a bit
"unfinished" to me...

- Torches but no smoke at all?  ;-)

- Not really an issue, but the flames seem to one single flame media (?)
copied to all torches.

--
Thomas