POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Testing povr / potential v4.0 functions and inbuilt mapping values. : Re: Testing povr / potential v4.0 functions and inbuilt mapping values. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing povr / potential v4.0 functions and inbuilt mapping values.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 1 Mar 2023 18:53:45
Message: <63ffe589@news.povray.org>
On 3/1/23 01:38, William F Pokorny wrote:

Attaching a quick derivative doodle based on the posted code.

Plus, two notes regarding the code.

First, jr let me know what I posted for code won't run with the latest
povr tarball posted on the newsgroups. The version.inc stuff being too
new for starters. I am working toward an updated tarball, but it's
taking some time.

Second, I made a small, non-fatal, editing mistake shortening some lines
so they didn't wrap when posted. I should have kept 'pigment { Red }'
and not 'color Red' - similarly for Green and Blue pigments. My tcl
wrapper writes 'pigment { color Red }' trying to be clear though the
'color' token isn't strictly needed as the parser understands what Red is.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hmm.png' (388 KB)