POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 : Re: The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:40:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Shallows - Instalment 1/3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Sep 2022 02:28:07
Message: <631adcf7$1@news.povray.org>
Op 08/09/2022 om 20:45 schreef Chris R:
> Very cool!  I can appreciate long render times.  I am working on a scene with a
> rocky/sandy island with a fortress in the middle of a body of water.  My first
> attempt to render at high quality with radiosity took 96 hours!
>
> I am looking forward to seeing the other parts.

Thanks indeed Chris!

During scene building I used a dim fog instead of the atmospheric media
and render times were in the order of a couple of hours. I took care not
to have the media containers overlap in order to avoid any
cross-interference, however I could not avoid the overlapping of the
atmospheric media with the tree media (10000 of those) and I /think/
that most of the slowdown was thus generated.

--
Thomas