POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 : The Shallows - Instalment 1/3 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 05:51:26 EDT (-0400)
  The Shallows - Instalment 1/3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Sep 2022 09:26:06
Message: <6319ed6e@news.povray.org>
This is the first of three instalments under the general title "the
Shallows". The second instalment still needs a final render after some
more tinkering. The third one has not yet been started. Render time was
particularly long: I estimate about some 48 hours in total. I always
render in sections divided over several render sessions and this time
the complete process took several weeks. Slowest was the middle section
(the background) and fastest was the sky. Render speed was more often
expressed in ppm than in pps.

There are several media: part of the clouds over the Giant; the water;
the background trees; the slightly hazy atmosphere.

Inspiration came from two sources: https://silenceofthetides.com and a
reference to Francisco Goya's painting "The Giant".

Objects from Friedrich Lohmueller were gratefully used: the railway
tracks and wheels, and the houses on the background.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the shallows i_final3.jpg' (480 KB)

Preview of image 'the shallows i_final3.jpg'
the shallows i_final3.jpg