POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First play with Blender physics : Re: First play with Blender physics Server Time
23 Apr 2024 21:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First play with Blender physics
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Aug 2022 12:52:16
Message: <62f7d6c0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 13.08.2022 um 15:57 schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> On 2022-08-12 13:16 (-4), MichaelJF wrote:
>>
>> P.S.: Credits go to Thomas de Groot and Genady Obukhov (tileroof),
>> Christoph Hormann (Iso-CSG-Library). Sean Day and Robert McGregor (some
>> textures I modified), Gilles Tran (grass), and Xfrog, I used to model
>> the crude models of a weeping willow, a shrub of roses and an even more
>> crude model of clover.
>
> The willow is really nice!

Many thanks for the compliment. It took a while to understand Xfrog so
far to model such a complex tree. And it was not easy to move it to POV.
Of course, the original Xfrog-File saves the Xfrog parameters only. Only
46 KB are needed to save the complete tree. Exported to wavefront OBJ it
had some 0.5 GB and more than 350.000 groups for every single leaf.
PoseRay failed to convert this huge amount of data to POV within
acceptable time. So I wrote an own procedure using my professional
statistic software which can cope with mass data easily (www.sas.com).
Even compressed the POV code of the tree needs some 50 MB, so I cannot
share it here.

@Thomas: Of course I know the arbaro weeping willow. For example, I used
it in my entry "The secret pond" in the competition "The secret passage"
(TINA CHEP, September 2014) at the very left side of the image. But I
didn't accomplished the modifications I wanted in Arbaro.

Best regards
Michael