POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadows and lighting with HDR sky : Re: Shadows and lighting with HDR sky Server Time
18 Apr 2024 10:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadows and lighting with HDR sky
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Sep 2021 04:25:14
Message: <6155746a$1@news.povray.org>
Op 29-9-2021 om 07:21 schreef Kenneth:
>        always_sample on // off by default. I prefer this ON

The Voodoo Master teaches about this (in 2008):

[quote]
always_sample:
When set to "off", this effectively sets "nearest_count" to 1 during the
final render, so that new radiosity samples are only taken if they are
absolutely needed.

For quick test renders, you may want to set this parameter to "on" to
get away with a faster pretrace (or none at all).

Otherwise, you will definitely want to set this parameter to "off", as
new samples taken during final trace may cause visible "jumps" in colour
or brightness between areas rendered before and after the new sample was
taken.

(Note that I recommend to set "nearest_count" to 1 anyway, which leaves
this option without any effect.)
[/quote]

;-)

--