POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadows and lighting with HDR sky : Re: Shadows and lighting with HDR sky Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadows and lighting with HDR sky
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Sep 2021 02:31:08
Message: <615559ac@news.povray.org>
Op 29/09/2021 om 17:57 schreef Alain Martel:
> I do see a shadow to the right of the box. In fact, there are two, one
> faint and soft, in line with the front face, and a darker and sharper

[snip]

Absolutely. Using Alain's settings for radiosity, and, instead of a
skysphere:

   sphere {
     0, 10e5
     pigment{
         image_map {exr "lilienstein_4k.exr"
         map_type 1 interpolate 2 once}
     }
       finish {emission 2 diffuse 0}
}

and, adding micro-normals to the cube and the plane:

     normal {granite 0.2 scale 0.001}

I get the attached image.

Note that as the sunlight in the hdr/exr is rather diffuse, the shadows
are also diffuse.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message