POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 04:34:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-beta 1 - Parse error using "%s" in Win10
From: clipka
Date: 25 Jul 2021 18:00:58
Message: <60fddf1a$1@news.povray.org>
It might be worth weaving the following information into the
documentation of our "datetime" function:

-------------------------

Which codes are supported depends on the platform POV-Ray is compiled
an/or running on.

In POV-Ray v3.7, the following codes can be expexted to work reliably:

a,A,b,B,c,d,H,I,j,m,M,p,S,U,w,W,x,X,y,Y,Z,%

In POV-Ray v3.8, the following additional codes can be expexted to work
reliably:

a,A,b,B,c,C,d,D,e,F,g,G,h,H,I,j,m,M,n,p,r,R,S,t,T,u,U,V,w,W,x,X,y,Y,z,Z,%

(Side note: The C99/C++11 standards define additional two-letter codes
starting with E or O; while those should also work in POV-Ray v3.8,
their result _will_ differ between systems, depending on the language
settings of the computer.

(Also, note to self and fellow developers: It may be worth adding a
check in POV-Ray itself, to verify whether the formatting string
submitted is actually portable across platforms, and warn if it isn't.)