POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Technical verification build v3.8.0-beta.x.cmedit.669 - editor DLL changes : Re: Technical verification build v3.8.0-beta.x.cmedit.669-editorDLLchanges Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Technical verification build v3.8.0-beta.x.cmedit.669-editorDLLchanges
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Jun 2021 04:06:03
Message: <60dc25eb$1@news.povray.org>
Op 30-6-2021 om 09:00 schreef clipka:
> Am 30.06.2021 um 08:48 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>
>>> The update povwin-v3.8.0-beta.x.cmedit.669-setup.exe does not
>>> download (correctly). I only get an empty file: 0 bytes. Using Win10.
>>>

>> OK. Skip that. Firefox blocked the download.
>
> Did FF give any particular reason for that? And how did you get past it?

To tell the truth, I am a bit mystified. It happened on my other laptop
(not the present one I am using) and apparently there is there an
extension/add-on there which 'controls' the downloads. Very first time I
got an action from it by the way. I need to go back there and see what
it is exactly; it does not reside on the present laptop and I cannot
find it (rapid browse) in the Firefox add-ons or extensions.

Anyway, when I found out it blocked the download, I could tell it to
download anyway, and it did.

I shall come back later on this when I find out the truth. ;-)

--
Thomas