POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-x.freetype.4 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-x.freetype.4 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 14:42:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-x.freetype.4
From: clipka
Date: 18 Jun 2021 17:47:51
Message: <60cd1487$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.06.2021 um 22:43 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I'm curious, but will POV be able to render LaTeX? Or will it still be
> better to convert LaTeX to SVG, and then use Inkscape to generate the
> POV code from the SVG?

What?

I don't really see the connection between support for other font
formats, and support for a complete (and complex) text document format.

Also, why specifically LaTeX? Why not EPS? RTF? PDF? ODF? DOCX? HTML?

I'll go out on a limb here and predict that POV-Ray will never be able
to render any of these document formats. Not unless you write a suite of
macros to do the job.

"Dammit Jim, I'm a 3D renderer, not a typesetting engine!"
   -- POV-Ray