POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for Comments: Quadratic Bezier Splines : Re: Request for Comments: Quadratic Bezier Splines Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:04:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request for Comments: Quadratic Bezier Splines
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Jun 2021 19:16:52
Message: <60bd5764$1@news.povray.org>
I just wanted to point out that there seems to be something wrong with
the web interface.
I just posted this, and when I went to read it, it was corrupted.   But
the strange thing is, the post looks FINE when I open it in Thunderbird.
So it's getting written properly, but read/displayed improperly.

Here's what it looks like in the web interface, for anyone reading with
Thunderbird:

thoughts:

used in fonts/typfaces and svg representations of glyphs.  Cousin Ricky
was nice
enough to provide me with an early release of his sphere sweep macro
that allows
QBS.

degree.

So, you may not have to code a whole separate section for QBS - just
write an
algorithm to degree-elevate a QBS to a cubic.  I have my SDL version
that you
can have to adapt into suitable c++ source code.

IIRC degree reduction was a bit trickier, and I hadn't implemented that.

maybe he already has something to do that side of the degree manipulation.

What would be very nice would be a generic "bezier" keyword followed by the
desired degree, or perhaps, by the degree of the supplied control points
followed by the desired degree after elevation / reduction.

But that is JUST something to think about, before anything becomes
"concrete".

Does that help?  :D