POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Just saying hi : Re: Just saying hi Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:33:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just saying hi
From: Chris Cason
Date: 25 May 2021 08:45:40
Message: <60acf174$1@news.povray.org>
G'Day Christoph,

Good to see you are feeling better. I felt something wasn't as it seemed
which is why I reached out about two years back asking if you are OK,
but didn't want to press the point. Your overall github activity showed
you were taking a step back from other projects as well, which indicated
something that I ought to keep my nose out of. Hence the odd 'hello' but
nothing more.

> Ever since, I haven't had a single look at the POV-Ray source code,
> even a single message on these newsgroups.

This is good, in a way. Going cold-turkey can help split your feelings
away from the physical reality of what you might really need to for your
own health.

I've been burned-out before (not saying this is the case with you, but
the treatment for burn-out is the same): sometimes you just have to
cross that bridge and get your head into fresh air for a while.

Also adding to that the last 18 months have been a real shit-show
globally and some of that stuff just makes my head hurt even more, and
then that combines with some family stuff and I can understand why you
wanted some fresh air.

If you wish to contribute in any way (even managing stuff or doing
release co-ordination), whatever suits you, just drop me a line.

-- Chris