POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why only a +1 clamp with VAngle, VAngleD macros in math.inc? : Re: Why only a +1 clamp with VAngle, VAngleD macros in math.inc? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why only a +1 clamp with VAngle, VAngleD macros in math.inc?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 9 May 2021 10:04:28
Message: <6097ebec$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/9/21 9:31 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> Are there any benefits from using these instead of new built in commands ?

Dang..., one thing I was going to mention related to the 'munctions'
concept and forgot.

I'm about 95% sure truly macro wrapped functions don't get 'compiled' by
the vm until the macro is called. So, my thinking is there is a parse
time reason to create 'macro wrapped' functions over pure function
definitions of more complex math in our includes...

Not proven as in I haven't yet added throws to the vm code and tried
functions defined both ways.

Bill P.