POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Running pov 3.1 on windows 10 : Re: Running pov 3.1 on windows 10 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:37:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Running pov 3.1 on windows 10
From: srh
Date: 20 Mar 2021 12:07:42
Message: <60561dce@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> Wrote in message:r

on windows 10.  I tried installing pov 3.1, but it will not render - it jus
t becomes unresponsive.  Is 3.1 just not compatible with windows 10 or is t
here some setting that needs adjusting?  Any info on this will be appreciat
ed.> Why do you want to use version 3.1 ? It's over 20 years old. Even vers
ion 3.6 is obsolete.It's so old that you ma want to run it in compatibility
 mode. Try running it as a Windows Vista application. If you run Windows 10
 32 bit version, you may be able to chose an older version, like Windows 98

le thread, and those older than 3.6 where strictly 32 bits.

I tried compatibility mode already (good suggestion, tho) and that did not
work..as to why, I have some other programs that work with povray...but onl
y the older versions....thanks for your response.
--
srh

----Android NewsGroup Reader----