POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure : Re: Server failure Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server failure
From: Chris Cason
Date: 15 Mar 2021 10:02:08
Message: <604f68e0@news.povray.org>
Folks,

www.povray.org is back up but without the database. hof.povray.org is
back as it didn't need a database. other sites (e.g. irtc) aren't back
yet, I will get to them next.

If you feel inclined please have a poke around the site to see if you
can see any breakages that aren't related to the DB not being up or
related sites being down (e.g. news.povray.org won't connect). Other
than that it should work. If you see any completely blank pages (as
opposed to connect failures) on the site then that's likely a PHP error;
please LMK.

It will take some time to audit all the PHP code for side-effects as
we've gone from PHP5 to PHP7 (plus all the database calls have to be
changed as the mysql driver was dropped in favor of mysqli in PHP7).

Also please note the mail server isn't back up, so any mails to
povray.org will not go through. (Technically it is up and working, but
the spam filtering isn't back in place and I don't dare open it up to
the world until it is as I'd be swamped).

-- Chris