POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Old post about rendering the text of a .pov file : Re: Old post about rendering the text of a .pov file Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:52:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old post about rendering the text of a .pov file
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Feb 2021 02:34:15
Message: <601f97f7$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3C51f54533%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C51f54533%40news.povray.org%3

>> but the other part of the memory is that the author was a bit
>> secretive about
>> his method, as he had invested a bit of work into figuring out the
>> parsing.
>>
>> I've looked a couple times in the past but haven't been able to find
>> that post -
>> maybe someone has better POV-Ray search kung-fu(or a better memory)
>> than I do?
>>
>> Maybe it was on TINA-CheP or something?
>>

> I know exactly what you are talking about but... impossible to find
> trace of it (except that clipka image). It was part of a set of other
> goodies iirc. Not on Tina-CheP, definitely. I keep looking/thinking and
> maybe I shall come upon it.

What I came upon are the UberPOV scene files by Clipka himself. There is
one named: read_text.pov, which seems to do the job. I include it here
(to avoid dispersion). As far as the post itself, no idea.

Obviously, this is only a part answer to your query.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: