POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:49:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Feb 2021 02:28:54
Message: <601cf3b6$1@news.povray.org>
Op 04/02/2021 om 13:56 schreef William F Pokorny:
>> Finally, after about four months.
>>
>> The scene is inspired by late nineteenth century paintings of the Late
>> Romantic school and Genre pieces.
>>
>> This is about the first scene were I made /really/ use of pigment
>> patterns (road, thatched roofs, dirt on walls) and the Displacement
>> tool in Poseray (thatched roofs). Those will be tools I shall come
>> back too frequently.
>>
> Excellent! I very much like the feel of it.

Thanks!

> I hope it's OK that I've borrowed your image to test an idea? Namely,
> using the extended AA jitter capabilities of the povr branch for a bloom
> post process feature.

You are welcome; be my guest.

> It's something like what Sam Benge was playing with 6 or 7 years back -
> except less "luminous" oriented. The aim is a filter to take the edge
> off rendered images; Something which makes the result look less
> rendered/perfect/clean.

Ah, yes! Luminous bloom! Something I have long intended to use indeed

> Attached a result. I expect it can be better tuned, but I'm happy that
> it looks workable on the first attempt. It is not cheap as post process
> features go. Twenty minutes or so on my two core i3(1). As currently
> implemented it's a two stage, nine render total process. All POV-Ray
> (povr).

Not (yet) convinced. Like Mr says, looks to much like blur here and
everything is blurred.

I have the intention to do also a stochastic render of the scene. I
/think/ that would give a better result. It probably will take some
extra render time; the present render already took about 12 hours,
especially the upper half of the image obviously because of the trees.

--
Thomas