POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane Server Time
23 Apr 2024 19:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Feb 2021 13:02:30
Message: <601c36b6$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/4/21 8:06 AM, Mr wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
> A bloom can be useful. What's nice is that there is no artefact, but currently
> everything is blurred. Could there be some contrast or value threshold to make
> it  less destructive?

This initial implementation blooms into everything - so it's going to
blur to some degree, if you use the filter. You can lesson the bloom
strength - make things sharper, but then the bloom effect itself fades.

An enhancement that could be tried I suppose, would be to leave "dark"
to some criterea regions untouched. Not sure how "natural" it would
look. More complicated things always possible - but then it might be
rendering large and scaling down say is a better way to go. At some
point if you don't want a bloom filter, you are into something else.

On the time to run this filer... I remembered after posting I was using
a development, '-O optimization only', build. It'll be faster with a
normal performance compile/link - but still expensive.

Bill P.