POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 28 Jan 2021 11:05:02
Message: <6012e0ae$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

William F Pokorny writes:
> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>> I use POV-Ray in command line under macOS Catalina and Macports,
>> and run it about 2000 times, in order to render 2000 images. My
>> issue is when you launch `povray` in command line, it opens a
>> menu bar, and displays an icon in the macOS dock ...
>>
>> Is there a command line option, that prevents POV-Ray from displaying
>> a menu bar and an icon in the dock ?
>
> Unsure if true with the macOS version you are running, but with
> Linux/Unix versions (which only display an icon) you can use '-d' to no
> create a preview display and icon or '--preview text' (or '-y text) to

> use the inbuilt text only mode.
>
> Bill P.

My .INI file is :
"
All_Console=Off
Antialias=On
Bounding_Threshold=3
Continue_Trace=Off
Display=Off
Draw_Vistas=On
Height=640
Input_File_Name="./pacman_mod.pov"
Library_Path="/usr/share/povray-3.7"
Library_Path="/usr/share/povray-3.7/ini"
Library_Path="/usr/share/povray-3.7/include"
Library_Path="/usr/local/share/povray-3.7"
Library_Path="/usr/local/share/povray-3.7/ini"
Library_Path="/usr/local/share/povray-3.7/include"
Output_File_Name="./pacman.png"
Output_File_Type=N
Output_To_File=On
Split_Unions=On
Test_Abort=Off
Verbose=On
Width=640
Work_Threads=12
"
I don't know how I should modify it, so that is doesn't use a menu bar,
and show an icon in the macOS dock. "Display=Off" is set, so what shoul
I do more ? I want POV-Ray to be quiet ... The menu bar and icon are
embarrassing. That prevents from using anything else than POV-Ray :-(

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--

<http://eureka.atari.org/>