POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : The insane project - Universe class carrier ship : Re: The insane project - Universe class carrier ship Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The insane project - Universe class carrier ship
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 20 Jan 2021 20:52:16
Message: <6008de50$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/19/21 8:38 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Op 19/01/2021 om 05:14 schreef Hj. Malthaner:

[snip]

> I would suggest to drop /all/ the story from your mind and let the
> engineer take over. Just decide which SOL you want to model in the first
> place: The early one or the latter one.

The first one, for me being a teenager the time when the story was hot
and it's been the epic ship for me.

> Then, while the hardware takes
> shape, pieces of the history will come back and fall into place (or not)
> to be incorporated. Just not to be overwhelmed by (needless) details.

I think I'll start with very simple shapes. The tricky points here are
the camera changes and moving all the elements. If I can't get that
right, detailed models won't help.

I think I'll start with a test, how to open a hangar bay door and start
the ship, move it along a spline to the destination position. That will
be something that I need all over.

> A challenge indeed!

Yes. Thanks for the response!

--