POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A container freighter in space : Re: A container freighter in space Server Time
24 Apr 2024 14:59:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A container freighter in space
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 4 Jan 2021 18:12:04
Message: <5ff3a0c4$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.55b0f51428810e2d92c07c610%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=432346
> &toff=750
> The shape is relatively simple but I've used procedural generation to cover it
> with many details and break symmetry to make it more "real". May be you can use
> the same technique on your spaceships ?

That looks quite interesting indeed. It has just that sort of detail
that my model miss. The red-white striped airlock, the pipes structures
outside, more angular faces and structures overall. Also some patterns
that seem to be image maps? At least I wouldn't know how to do them
proceduraly with povray. I don't mean the logos on the weapon turrets
but the box-and-lines structures on the hull. How did you make those?

Are the pipes also proceduraly generated?

--
Hajo