POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo : Re: Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity - Clipka's Voodoo
From: Alain Martel
Date: 25 Nov 2020 11:45:08
Message: <5fbe8a14$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2020-11-25 à 02:35, Thomas de Groot a écrit :
> I think it is worthwhile to put Clipka's Voodoo from 2008 under the
> attention of the users again. :-)
>
> It probably should be done at regular, ten years or so, intervals.

This is a very good explanation about how radiosity worked up to version
3.6 and the early beta of version 3.7.

Several of the points mentioned have changed in the later betas and the
final release version.

The count value is no longer limited to 1600. The nearest_count can now
take two values. The ambient is always set to zero when radiosity is in
use. Introduction of the emission in the finish. Introduction of the
importance object parameter. And several more changes.