POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum : Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:11:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Nov 2020 02:37:45
Message: <5fb77249$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19/11/2020 om 12:30 schreef Bald Eagle:
>> Op 18/11/2020 om 13:16 schreef Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann:
>>> My digital cameras (even the relatively sophisticated Panasonic Lumix
>>> DMC-LZ100) are no able to correct for falling lines... but perhaps this
>>> macro can do that with the photos?
>>>

> Possibly.
> But you'd need the camera and look_at data from your original photo to get the
> right angle of tilt needed.
> You may just try making an animation with your photo and rotating it around -x
> to see what happens, since AFAIA, that's the bulk of the effect.
>
> Mr Le Coat seems to have a much firmer grasp of all of this:

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C5bb67852%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=425362

I woke up this night with a possible solution. You need to simulate a
technical camera using the combinationof your digital camera and povray:

1. Take a photograph of a (tall) building with your camera, tilting it
/backwards/ by 20 degrees (for instance);

2. In povray, put this photograph on a vertical flat plane in front of
the camera, and tilt the plane /forwards/ by 20 degrees. Be sure that
the camera is level (both location and look_at with identical y-value);

3. In povray, you may need an orthographic camera for better results.

I /think/ this would do the trick; you will need to experiment.

--
Thomas