POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bluebell Wood : Re: Bluebell Wood Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:49:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bluebell Wood
From: Alain Martel
Date: 19 Nov 2020 13:40:32
Message: <5fb6bc20$1@news.povray.org>

> What I always find difficult to emulate is the light combined with the
> texture/transparency of the leaves. I have your technique about the
> leaves (faked translucency mapping) and also use double_illuminate. It
> is the atmospheric media which is often difficult to do. Isotropy is
> fairly straightforward, but I often prefer the use of Henyey-Greenstein
> scattering withou too extreme eccentricity.

Instead of double_illuminate, you should us the back side illumination.
Starting with version 3.7, it's done by using two values after diffuse.
It gives you much more control.
Example : diffuse 0.6 0.3
Just remember that the two values should add to less than 1.

If you use double_illuminate with a diffuse value of 0.6, what you
effectively get is this : diffuse 0.6 0.6
This is not realistic at all.

You can also add some filter to the pigment. Keep that pretty low.