POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum : Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:52:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Nov 2020 03:02:14
Message: <5fb62686$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19/11/2020 om 01:28 schreef Bald Eagle:
> So for now, just try
>
>    #declare NoFall =
>    transform {
>    matrix < 1,     0,      0,
>             ShearX, 1, ShearZ,
>      0,     0,      1,
>     -CamLoc.y*ShearX,     0,      -CamLoc.y*ShearZ>
>    }

[aside: OK. New Thunderbird version... seems I clicked on wrong answer
button... Sorry]

YOU MADE MY DAY!! :-)

This is the correct answer indeed. I tried a couple of exotic scene
settings and the scene remains rock-solid.

Sir, I bow before your fathomless wisdom and sharp insight. I only got
as far as to understand that the last row of the matrix was crucial.

Thank you infinitely indeed.

--
Thomas