POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum : Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 18 Nov 2020 07:16:38
Message: <5fb510a6$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 16.11.20 08:48, Thomas de Groot wrote:

 > I need the help of a Matrix Master.
 >
 > I am a regular user of Doctor John's FieldCam macro which enables
slanting architecture to look straight. It simulates the professional
cameras where this adjustment can be done through the lenses.

Hmmm, falling lines would be also an issue when in February another
another architectural photography season for my OpenCologne POV-Ray
project starts... in my part of the world, February to (early) April is
the best time in year for taking pictures of urban architecture, as
trees are still bare (and thus do not obscure the facades much), but on
the other hand, daylight lasts already long enough for extensive photo
sessions (as long as storms would not prevent them)! And, hopefully,
Covid-19 is not so much a threat anymore...

My digital cameras (even the relatively sophisticated Panasonic Lumix
DMC-LZ100) are no able to correct for falling lines... but perhaps this
macro can do that with the photos?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Der goldene Ball (Zara-Thustra) - German neo-Wagnerian
symphonic pop!