POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum : Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:37:33 EDT (-0400)
  Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Nov 2020 02:48:48
Message: <5fb22ee0@news.povray.org>
I need the help of a Matrix Master.

I am a regular user of Doctor John's FieldCam macro which enables
slanting architecture to look straight. It simulates the professional
cameras where this adjustment can be done through the lenses.

The macro works perfectly... as long as your scene camera is situated
about the origin of the Y-axis. Recently, I have been working on scenes
where the camera is situated at about y=170.00, and strange things
happen: the camera is moved upwards and forwards, the more so as
elevation gets greater.

To illustrate this, I have attached a little test scene and an image
showing the problem. H is the value for the elevation of the scene
elements along the Y-axis.

I can correct this by adding a translate after the "NoFall" transform in
the camera code, but I assume that this could better be done within the
"NoFall" matrix. I have not the slightest idea how to do this.

Thanks for any help.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dj_fieldcam_test.pov.txt' (7 KB) Download 'dj_fieldcam_testx.jpg' (66 KB)

Preview of image 'dj_fieldcam_testx.jpg'
dj_fieldcam_testx.jpg