POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm - final Server Time
23 Apr 2024 21:57:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm - final
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Oct 2020 02:33:26
Message: <5f893eb6$1@news.povray.org>
Op 15/10/2020 om 22:38 schreef Bald Eagle:
> You've definitely made some noticeable improvements on the left side.
>
> On the right ...   it all seems to have faded into a lack of definition.
> The clouds and the land ooze together into a brown cloud - I would have expected
> some greater contrast, and a darker, almost black color.   Something to add
> WEIGHT and authoritatively announce the arrival of a STORM, and make you _feel_
> it.

Well, It may not be rain... maybe a dust storm. I understand what you
mean but I believe I am leaving things as they are now. Maybe something
for an update in ten years time :-)

> You have sunlight shining on the trees, but no highlights.
> An effect of the light group?

No. This is something I am going to look into in my next scene which
will be on ground level, without the castle. It probably results from
the billboard settings and or gamma maybe.

> The little buildings also seem to have disappeared into the beige cloud.
> Are they no longer lit as well?

No, they are there at the same place. What has been changed are the
textures.

> It's still kicking butt, and I like both versions of the grass.

I prefer this one .

> That all of it is parametric, with a conversion to mesh2{} is pretty exciting as
> well.   Maybe a tiny example scene showing how all of that is implemented, along
> with the needed files in a zip would prod other folks into taking a crack at
> some renders of their own   ;)

Excellent idea. I need to note it as todo before I forget or before RL
kicks me over.

--
Thomas