POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Balcony background : Re: Balcony background Server Time
23 Apr 2024 10:56:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balcony background
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Sep 2020 03:04:54
Message: <5f742e16@news.povray.org>
Op 29/09/2020 om 23:30 schreef Bill Pragnell:
> Prompted by Thomas' musing that we don't see as many images posted here as we
> used to in past times, I thought I'd share a recent creation. I've been working
> from home of late in these interesting times, and I invested some effort making
> a dedicated background image for use in Zoom meetings.
>
> As part of this, I finally managed to get somewhere with my own tree generator
> macro, which I've struggled with in the past. It's not really complete, since it
> just uses spheres for a sparse finish - ideally it should do something with
> triangles, and I need to add better texturing options, leaves, presets for tree
> types etc. Good enough for this though!
>
> Bill

Oh! I am sure you are going to attract all the focus and attention
during a Zoom meeting! You may take psychological advantage from this :-)

Yes, I like the design. As Kenneth said, the Moon phases are a
particular touch that work very well here. The trees are nice, a bit
severe probably but that - again - might work well in a meeting ("this
guy is a serious guy").

--
Thomas