POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:28:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Sep 2020 04:52:13
Message: <5f72f5bd$1@news.povray.org>
Op 28/09/2020 om 19:52 schreef Kenneth:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>

>> The shadow positions look fine to me.  The problem I see is that there
>> is often no tree trunk shadow, probably due to them being narrower than
>> a pixel, and this makes the shadows seem disconnected from the trees.
>
> Well... I was wrong-- the shadows do line up. My apologies, Thomas! My eyes seem
> to be working better today ;-) Yes, what threw me off were the missing (i.e.,
> too thin) tree trunks in the tree shadows, and not seeing where the actual tree
> trunks meet the ground.
>
> Btw, the clouds in the image look really nice, a BIG detail I didn't pay
> attention to at first... even though the title is "Pending Storm", ha. I was too
> busy enjoying other parts of the image  :-O

I was in doubt about the trees because of their trunks. I may use others
instead. The clouds are very satisfying. They are based on code by Mick

Pragnell. I have not yet found when I downloaded the code nor from where
exactly. However, it makes fantastic cloud scapes. If the origin cannot
be found, I shall post the code as I have it today.

--
Thomas