POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Pending Storm Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Pending Storm
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Sep 2020 02:47:12
Message: <5f703570@news.povray.org>
Last January, I came across and intriguing photograph of Loubressac
Castle (Lot, France). It stayed in the back of my mind till this summer
when I started to model it in Silo, and thinking about a background
landscape. I remembered my own entry to one of the TC-RTC challenges
back in 2010 (Acres of Diamonds) and decided to use it. Many iterations
and transformations resulted in the present image.

Indebted to Mike Hazelgrove for the clouds macro; Gilles Tran for the
MakeGrass macro. Paolo, I tweaked your Grunge texture. Thanks indeed!

Some little tricks worth to mention: the Displacement utility in Poseray
was used for the tower so that the sunlight might be broken about the
masonry and the roof tiles. The trees, down in the plain, are
billboards. In order for the shadows to look right, they are composed of
two versions: one (with no_shadow) systematically oriented towards the
camera, one (with no_image) systematically oriented towards the Sun.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pending storm_final.jpg' (332 KB)

Preview of image 'pending storm_final.jpg'
pending storm_final.jpg