POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SARS-COV2 : Re: SARS-COV2 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 11:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SARS-COV2
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Aug 2020 11:21:23
Message: <5f4bc3f3$1@news.povray.org>
On 2020-08-29 4:00 PM (-4), MichaelJF wrote:
>  I survived this beast with greatest
> luck (and an emergency surgery).

Glad you're still with us!

> I have no understanding for people
> ignoring the disease and demonstrating for not wearing masks as they do
> it at the moment at Berlin. To wear a mask is inconvenient but saves lifes.

There has been an anti-intellectual movement in the USA, being groomed
for several decades now, and it is coming to fruition. Science,
expertise, and critical thinking are viewed with suspicion, and even as
satanic. In this state, facts no longer matter, and you can pour
literally any idea into people's heads. I think the idea was, "Keep 'em
stupid, and they'll vote for us."

The anti-intellectual dupes are a minority, less than 30%, but with a
contagion like COVID-19, we need *everybody* to do their part, and the
dupes are so pumped up with hyper-individualism that they can't see that
they are killing everyone--or they don't care. (Hypocritically, these
exact same people are happy to abandon individualism when it comes to
forcing their religion on other people.)

One might think that this anti-intellectual project has been a failure.
Alas, the well being of society has not been their goal; it has been to
suck ever more money out of the workers, and in this respect it has been
a spectacular success. The deaths of hundreds of thousands is not a
problem; they have their money. And the dupes walk right up to the
slaughter.

America is being dismantled before our eyes, all in the guise of saving
it. As a German, this should scare the shit out of you.