POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Get macro : Re: New Get macro Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Get macro
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 24 Aug 2020 07:19:19
Message: <5f43a237$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/23/20 5:38 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> "Leroy" <whe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>>> #if(input_file_name="yourfile.inc")
>
>> I just didn't know 'input_file_name' could be access from a POV render file.
>
> I know that the full pathname is accessible / can be used from within an ini
> file, but is the same true for a scene file?

I just tried my functions.inc povr self test with:

povr2 +mv3.8 +i/tmp/functions.inc

where the code compared with:

#if(input_file_name="/tmp/functions.inc")

and it did not work. If the compare is the usual:

#if(input_file_name="functions.inc")

you can specify the full path or let POV-Ray find a functions.inc file
in the active library paths and the compare works OK. In other words,
the input_file name looks to only be the file name tail - which the unix
html documentation does not mention that I can see.

---- v3.8 doc issues...

Aside: In the local unix docs(1), 3.3 Scene Description Language has the
following sentence in the second paragraph:

"Files are created in plain ASCII text using an editor of your choice."

which is no longer true with utf8 support.

(1) - In the online http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Keywords
the input_file_name index entry never takes me to a section with
input_file_name documentation! Rather I always end up in the section:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions#Built-in_Variables
which has nothing about input_file_name.

I thought I could find the section anyway, but the shipped unix html to
the online documentation looks scrambled somehow. I couldn't find the
equivalent section on line in a reasonable amount of thrashing about.
When online I look at section 3.3 by link online I end up in Windows
Section 3...

Bill P.