POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2D image of parsing : Re: 2D image of parsing Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:37:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D image of parsing
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 14 Aug 2020 11:35:40
Message: <5f36af4c$1@news.povray.org>
Le 14/08/2020 à 15:52, Kima a écrit :

> This question is not practical, and I just want to better understand POV-RAY!
>
> As I understand, POV-RAY calculates the location and texture of objects during
> the PARSING process. Then, in the RENDERING process, calculates the colour of
> each pixel by raytracing.

It's rather, during parsing, text is transformed in data structure for
shapes, textures, lights, etc.

> I wonder if it is possible to calculate the pixels after the parsing process?
>
> The result should be a 2D image of the 3D scene, as no light is applied.

Someone did not look enough at quality settings (+Qx)

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Tracing_Options#Quality_Settings

what you want is achieved with +Q1
You might want to specify quick_color in pigments.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Pigment

Deeper modification would be to remove all lights, settings finish as
emission 1.0 diffuse 0.0 reflection 0.0

> For example, a sphere should be seen as a plain circle.

Nope, the image of a 3D sphere out of focus is *not always* a circle.
It's a common misconception.