POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 20 Jul 2020 06:00:17
Message: <5f156b31@news.povray.org>
Please find attached an updated tarball.

Attempting no lower case #declare, #local identifier idea. Hope is
user's function and macro arguments made _<lower case> form will be
immune to name collisions.

With a thought toward eventual real time modeling, continuous real time
rendering enabled as it has been in window's versions since v37. Added a
rtr_kla.pov sample scene for the feature.

The rtr_kla.pov scene implements an alternative to the persistent
keyword marking idea of uberpov. While the continuous / real time
rendering only supports multiple camera positions today, multiple frames
can be rendered with one scene parse where more than the camera changes.

The idea is to create multiple fixed sets in which changes are made and
where a camera is appropriately placed in each. Mentally one must, of
course, still keep track of what is persistent and what is not, but we'd
not need a new keyword and the code infrastructure behind it - supposing
eventual frame capture capability. Simpler, perhaps, to look at the
sample scene to get the idea.

Corrections to the DOINGMAKECHECK=YES build implementation - thanks jr.

I've not seen an x11 display issue in the week since adding the
XInitThreads() call - thanks jr. Thinking of making x11 the default as
it's windowing behavior is more consistent with my Ubuntu environment.

Added an inbuilt f_toupie() function supporting 1-15 as integer
exponents where f_toupie() usually uses 3. Provides for a range of
shapes lemon like, torus like (exactly the torus at 2), toupie like and
button-ish shapes.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray2_f6b1c13e.tar.gz' (1636 KB)