POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nature beyond : Re: Nature beyond Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:58:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nature beyond
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jun 2020 02:37:20
Message: <5eedaea0$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19/06/2020 om 09:18 schreef Dick Balaska:
> Am 6/7/20 2:20 AM, also sprach Thomas de Groot:
>> Op 06/06/2020 om 11:50 schreef BayashiPascal:
>>> A remote and peaceful corner for sure :-)
>>> I thought some water falling off from the whales' tail would improve
>>> realism.
>>>

>> Absolutely. Will be done. Thanks for the pointer.
>>

> near the tails needs some perturbance. Like the whale should be pulling
> the water in with the tail. Maybe even just a ring or two to show the
> disturbance to the surface.
>

> distribution seems thin front and center, like maybe from a boat wake.

Thanks for the comments indeed. I am working (slowly) towards the "water
curtains" from the tails. I am almost done. The disturbance around the
whales/tails would be an interesting addition: I shall probably opt for
some extra foam (rings) around them. More work to do then ;-)

I have been mostly busy with fine-tuning further the sea media and the
overall illumination of the scene. In addition - of course - other
things drew my attention (and time) like, for instance, the addition of
spline data to an isosurface. That one still has my brain boiling
furiously, thanks to Christoph Hormann and Mike Williams. :-)

--
Thomas