POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trick pigment_map into selecting functions to run. : Re: Trick pigment_map into selecting functions to run. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trick pigment_map into selecting functions to run.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 29 Apr 2020 13:26:33
Message: <5ea9b8c9@news.povray.org>
On 4/29/20 10:17 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> On 4/28/20 12:20 PM, Alain Martel wrote:
>
> Overlap is OK and the hope is to work out how to work with / exploit
> those sorts of set ups to create complex 'stuff.' :-)

Attached a blended shape using the technique. Earlier problems me being
rushed and sloppy. Didn't set functions along x axis correctly and what
we were seeing in the blend were very thin shells of noise where the
blend turned negative(1)

Bill P.

(1) - Similar looking with all spheres too. Makes me think 'maybe'
seeing something with the differences between floats (color
representations) and doubles there. We do today cast back and forth
between float representations with this technique.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blend00.png' (36 KB)

Preview of image 'blend00.png'