POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scary coronavirus WIP : Re: Scary coronavirus WIP Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:46:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scary coronavirus WIP
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 9 Apr 2020 17:35:10
Message: <5e8f950e$1@news.povray.org>
On 2020-04-07 10:06 PM (-4), Cousin Ricky wrote:
>   I'm still working on collision avoidance between the 3 types of
> stud proteins, preferably faster than O(n²).

Well, so far all my attempts at algorithmic collision avoidance have
succeeded in 100% collision avoidance, but with a glaring lack of
uniform interspersion.  Some of my attempts are attached.  The best
looking virion is the one with no collision avoidance at all!  Looks
like I will have to go brute force.  (The WIPs posted above use the same
non-avoidant algorithm as space_scov_proteins0.jpg, but with jittered
spikes.)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'space_scov_proteins0.jpg' (38 KB) Download 'space_scov_proteins2.jpg' (38 KB) Download 'space_scov_proteins5.jpg' (39 KB)

Preview of image 'space_scov_proteins0.jpg'
space_scov_proteins0.jpg

Preview of image 'space_scov_proteins2.jpg'
space_scov_proteins2.jpg

Preview of image 'space_scov_proteins5.jpg'
space_scov_proteins5.jpg