POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island : Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:38:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 3 Apr 2020 19:05:27
Message: <5e87c137$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 02.04.20 03:22, Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann wrote:

> The origin of the elevation data is the Advanced Spaceborne Thermal
> Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER)
abhttps://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/medizin/coronavirus-so-erging-es-den-ersten-50-covid-19-patienten-in-der-uniklinik-aachen-a-7f9f2187-b925-4f87-b1da-9ce2c72494a1#kommentareoard
the US-Japanese
> "Terra" satellite, which conducted an Earth surveying missions in 2009.
> The basic link is https://asterweb.jpl.nasa.gov/gdem.asp, however, the
> set-up of the data archive has changed much since I downloaded the data
> ten years ago. Meanwhile, an improved dataset (less artifacts) has been
> published, but I have no clue how to access it...

Available now at
https://search.earthdata.nasa.gov/search/granules?p=C1546314043-LPDAAC_ECS&pg[0][id]=NASADEM_HGT_n37e064.zip&q=nasadem&m=48.61688194818677!8.12109375!6!1!0!0%2C2&tl=1570136741!4!!

Registration required!

Unless I have access to a real high-performance computer (not that
shoddy consumer stuff), I probably will not generate mesh2 terrain
slices from all available ASTER data tiles, as this would take me no
less than 22 years - if I generated one mesh2 per day. Anyone who would
like to contribute to the titanic task of POVEarth by downloading tiles
and processing them is hereby invited to join me! During the coming
weeks, I will set up a new webspace under the domain povearth.de where
you may upload your terrain slices!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

See you in Khyberspace!