POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Verbose warnings : Re: Verbose warnings Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:59:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Verbose warnings
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 28 Feb 2020 01:29:33
Message: <5e58b34d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2/27/20 1:15 PM, also sprach Alain Martel:
> Le 2020-02-27 à 04:46, Mike Horvath a écrit :

>> "Parse Warning: Should have at least 2 objects in csg."
>
> Every times I get that warning, the source file and line number are
> present. Normally, the line number reported is that of the closing
> bracket of the CSG or the next one.

I get this all the time without indication of *where*.

I also notice there is some inconsistency about which stream different
errors go to.  Like "Unnecessary bounding" goes to the progress/render
stream, why? (I see this in the progress bar where I'm normally only
expecting "Rendered 1024 of 2048 pixels" messages)

It would be nice if there was some
#pragma error disable Text

to turn off the multitude of Text errors I get now. (And how can it be
an error when it renders exactly how I want. That should be a warning.)
Same with the unnecessary bounding warnings.  I use TOM-TREEs.  They're
old, they work, I'm not going to fix them.  I don't want the 1000
warnings per tree.

--
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)