POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to create steam with lines rather than a fume? : Re: How to create steam with lines rather than a fume? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:43:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to create steam with lines rather than a fume?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Feb 2020 02:36:18
Message: <5e4e36f2$1@news.povray.org>
Op 19/02/2020 om 23:43 schreef Kima:
>> Op 18/02/2020 om 09:03 schreef Kima:
>>> I strongly appreciate if you can share the files, Thomas.
>>>
>>> It might be outdated but definitely can give me some clues following the tricks
>>> employed for generating smoke.
>>>
>>> Thank you again.
>>>

>> Here we go (see attachment)
>>
>> The file to use inside PovRay is SmokeGen.inc. The Docs are very
>> comprehensive.
>>
>> Have fun!
>>
>> --
>> Thomas
>
> WOW, it is absolutely marvellous. What a shame that it is not available online.
>
> Anyhow, it made me wonder what hidden treatures can be found in your archive ;)

Too many! ;-) In his days, "Uncle Tyler's Get Away" was the Place to be
(https://web.archive.org/web/20080514063612/http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html).

I am not as systematic as he was but over the years I collected a list
of about 240 POV-Ray users, each represented by at least one utility or
other which interested me somehow.

[looking furtively around] I know that there other collectors lurking in
the shadows...

--
Thomas