POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange cuts on rendered objects : Re: Strange cuts on rendered objects Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:31:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange cuts on rendered objects
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 4 Feb 2020 05:35:58
Message: <5e39490e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2/4/20 3:55 AM, also sprach Francescodario Cuzzocrea:

> Hi Alain, and thanks for your reply !
> Thank for the union tip ! I was using union with split_union off before
> (otherwhise the object was splitted up in unpredictable way when
> rotated/translated), then I discovered merge and decided to go for it as it
> seemed more appropriate, but effectively using union rendering times are a bit
> faster :)

Did the union fix the problem?  (I liked this idea. I ran into a similar
issue where I thought merge was more appropriate for cutting my
mono-colored object, but it had glitches that were solved by using union
instead.)

--
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)