POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : After 22 years of not using povray : After 22 years of not using povray Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:10:56 EDT (-0400)
  After 22 years of not using povray
From: Anthony
Date: 11 Jan 2020 18:01:02
Message: <5e1a53ae$1@news.povray.org>
I haven't used povray since 1998. Today, in 2020, I started again.
Besides I never got a chance to use radiosity until now.

This rendering makes good use of three features: variable fresnel
reflection, which provides the specular highlight without using the
phong or specular keywords; multiple (8) area lights, which provide the
soft shadows and just a little bit of noise; and the Radiosity_Final
settings, which provide illumination of the indirectly lit areas.

Without these features the image would not have turned out the way I
wanted it to. It also renders in 3 minutes, which is pretty fast.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'minigolf-final.jpg' (70 KB)

Preview of image 'minigolf-final.jpg'