POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bad bathtub : Re: bad bathtub Server Time
24 Apr 2024 23:37:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bad bathtub
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 26 Dec 2019 10:21:56
Message: <5e04d014$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12/25/19 9:26 PM, also sprach Bald Eagle:
> Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

>> Oh well, boxes and cylinders for me.
> Or rounded_box objects in FL's shapesN.inc (which are the same thing, but in
> macros ;) )

Oh yeah. I wish I'd thought of that when doing the pink soap bottle.
Prolly won't work for the tub since I have to slope the sides.

> I had a look at your latest full movie.  There are a lot of impressive things
> that catch my eye as a povver.
>
> I'll leave the many good things for a different post - but there are a few blips
> where maybe the whole frame is black when something overlaps the camera?

I think you mean like where the camera goes in and out of the fishtank?

>  Can you fix those with an insidedness test?

um...

>  Maybe just write that frame number to a
> file and use the one before or after,

Never!  That just violates too many scripting rules.  I'd be more apt to
fix it, if I knew what you were talking about.

> Amazing work so far.   You've been at this for a LONG time, my man.

Thanks.  5 years + 10 years off + 5 years.
http://git.buckosoft.com/gitstats/tteoac/commits_by_year.png
I started in 1999, so over 20 years. (1998 was the haus model. I needed
to visualize for my wife what the home office over garage addition would
look like before she'd let me build it.)

 >  SO many things going on in there.

Thanks.  I try to build it to require multiple viewings to see all of
what's going on.  My two big successes there were the mushroom cloud
explosion, and the SpaceLoco launch (my favorite scene).

--
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)