POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 freezes : Re: alpha.10064268 freezes Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:40:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 freezes
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 5 Dec 2019 06:40:23
Message: <5de8eca7$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/4/19 12:10 PM, jr wrote:

>> I've never published a merged branch of all the branches I run as 'povr'
>> - partly because what I run contains more branches / differences to
>> master than those I've published to github. Also 'povr' is meant to be a
>> temporal thing based on the current master branch into which continually
>> re-based to master branches are merged.
>>
>> That said, my published solver branch addresses many artifacts media and
>> otherwise - and extends the range over which containers work for media.
>> This work though is limited to shapes using the common solvers.
>
> sounds like a good starting point.  artefacts seem to appear when I use
> interpolation, so interested in the difference that code will make.  what is the
> build/install procedure?  (sorry to use up yr time, mostly familiar with the
> usual '.tar's, not "pulling" (+ merging?))

Interpolation with respect to media... Not completely sure what you
mean, but, there are directions on my wiki page at:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Wfpokorny

Though the branches available are out of date on it(1). You can get a
current list of published branches on github. A graph/network view be
seen by going to:

https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray/network

and you can also see a list using the branch switching list-pick button
on the page:

https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray

You have to be in a position to build your own *nix versions of POV-Ray
If you're not, well, what I have out there today isn't going to be
useful to you.

You need to have git installed and to have a local clone of povray to
follow the pick and chose branches to merge into your personal version
of POV-Ray method on the wiki. If you are compiling via download and
just want to try a single branch, you can switch to it, download the
branch to your machine & compile normally.

Bill P.

(1) - The inability to add new links to discussion and documentation
made the wiki much less useful - and I've more or less just been letting
my pages sit as is for long time.