POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVghanistan Revisited! : Re: POVghanistan Revisited! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:33:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVghanistan Revisited!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Nov 2019 02:33:19
Message: <5dda323f@news.povray.org>
Op 23/11/2019 om 22:18 schreef Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann:
> Hi(gh)!

[snip]

> So I started once more rendering some vistas in and around Kabul, three
> of them attached here... but this time, I wonder that my old recipe
> against dot artifacts which I looked up in a posting from July 2013
> (defining the mesh2 vertices close to the origin and moving the whole
> mesh2 afterwards) does work with 3.7 only when I do the generating of
> the mesh2 within the rendering proper (the time-consuming way as
> described here further up), not anymore with a pre-generated mesh2! How
> can I fix this?
>
> The first of the attached images has been calculated this way, the other
> ones with a pre-generated mesh2 and thus contain those weird dots...

I shouldn't be too concerned about the dots presently. As Melody also
suggests, once you add objects to the scene, especially in the
foreground, the dots will become invisible or at least inconspicuous.
The foreground texture(s) also will help. All that will be needed
additionally to help hide the triangles of course.

--
Thomas