POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another Grass Scene by Vahur Krouverk, 1999-01-02 : Re: POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another Grass ScenebyVahurKrouverk,1999-01-02 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:05:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Archaeology: Yet Another Grass ScenebyVahurKrouverk,1999-01-02
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Nov 2019 02:37:03
Message: <5dcfa71f@news.povray.org>
Op 16/11/2019 om 03:57 schreef Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann:
> Now (see attachments) it looks more realistic to me...
>
> In future versions, I would like to use this density (25,000 blades per
> square metre) as standard density and adapt the actual number of blades
> according to the meadow's size.

Alternatively, you can use a patch: one single parsed square metre,
copied (rotated & translated) as often as necessary to cover a given
surface. Would be (slightly) faster but less memory heavy. Condition is
that the surface is not too bumpy however. Iirc, method introduced 20
years ago by Gilles Tran and Josh English.

> Of course, this is another attempt at POVghanistan... starting with
> public parks in cities on mostly flat terrain such als Herat or Mazar-e
> Sharif (less difficult to code than mountainous Kabul - and also more
> early "eye candy" for the interested public, such as the famous Timurid
> mosques), and, most important, for the time being, not placed onto an
> actual planetary sphere.

Of course!

--
Thomas