POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : versions : Re: versions Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: versions
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Oct 2019 02:24:10
Message: <5db3e68a$1@news.povray.org>
Op 25/10/2019 om 17:18 schreef Dick Balaska:
> Speaking of POV-Ray versions, what version are y'all using?
>
> I see several tags in git,
> v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.* (2019-01-02)
> v3.8.0-x.freetype.2 (2019-02-19)
> and
> v3.8.0-alpha.10064268 (2019-02-18)
>
> Is the tokenizer stable?  I was waiting for clipka to merge that before
> importing it into qtpovray, but he seems to have wandered off into RL.
>
> Cousin Ricky says the '268 version doesn't build out of the box.
>
> I wished we'd cut a 3.8.0 release when we were oh-so-close 2 years ago.
> There were a bunch of new features over 3.7 and it was pretty stable. My
> plan was to release qtpovray to the debian pool when 3.8 happened, but
> it looks like now an actual 3.8 release is a dream.
>
> -
> dik
> Rendered 17306265600 of 40928716800 pixels (42%)

I am using povray-3.8.0-alpha.10064268-av691-win64 which is stable as
far as I can tell: I never had any strange things happening. Don't know
where Clipka has wandered off to, but I have assumed that he has decided
to dedicate himself entirely to the development of POV-Ray, without
being disturbed by our shouts and bangings on the front door. ;-)

I may be wrong, though...

--
Thomas