POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Save an image to disk from code. : Re: Save an image to disk from code. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:47:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Save an image to disk from code.
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 24 Oct 2019 06:25:48
Message: <5db17c2c$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/24/19 4:35 AM, ale### [at] gmailcom wrote:

> My problem is i don't know how to code "build picture".
> Is it possibile to use a for statement insted of a switch to build multiple
> picture?

The output of povray is a graphics file which is the result of its
calculations.  The input is a script of POV-Ray SDL (Scene Description
Language).

That is it.

Now, POV-Ray can be coerced to into outputting several graphics file.
This is accomplished by basically POV-Ray calling itself once for each
frame, or graphics file outputted.

It starts over at the beginning of your SDL script for each and every
frame output.

A for loop is the wrong paradigm (the SDL does not control which
graphics files are output).

If you are using POV-Ray for Windows or qtpovray, the include menu
contains two samples under the Animation sub-menu which will build
complete scenes.  Start with "animation 1".

--
dik
Rendered 17306265600 of 40928716800 pixels (42%)