POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt at isosurface semi-arid ground cover. (raw_wave) : Re: Attempt at isosurface semi-arid ground cover. (raw_wave) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:02:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt at isosurface semi-arid ground cover. (raw_wave)
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 23 Oct 2019 09:38:51
Message: <5db057eb$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/23/19 2:34 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Op 22/10/2019 om 11:20 schreef William F Pokorny:
>> An attempt a semi-arid ground cover using three isosurfaces and
>> turbulence enabled via the raw_wave keyword discussed in this thread:
>
> This calls for getting dirty hands! ;-)
>
> Code available?

A version of POV-Ray as a branch - or compiled release - is not yet
available. It will be late next week best case for a published code
branch due real life time and my being busy with related function,
pattern and wave updates in the near-term hobby time I have(1).

Are you able to compile personal versions of POV-Ray?

I cleaned up the scene this morning as instructive of technique even
without a version of POV-Ray with which to use it.

I'd mentioned no AA renders were faster. A 800x600 render of the
attached scene took 26 seconds on my two core i3.

Bill P.

(1) I have a list of common operations I believe should be shipped as
inbuilt, pre-compiled helper functions. I'm playing with the form and
measure of some of them.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'groundcovertdg.pov.txt' (4 KB)